Monday, October 27, 2008

Bargaining

Here is an interesting conversation I had with a fruit vendor this evening while bargaining for Oranges. (excuse me for the ban Hindi)
Me: संतरे कितने के है भैय्या
Vendor: बीस के चार
My wife: आअह!! इतना मंहगा ?? ( like she would get an oscar for such a natural expression of shock )
Vendor: मैडम आजकल बहुत मेहेंगाई बढ़ गई है
My wife: क्यों किस शुभ अवसर पर?
Me: दिवाली की वजह से। (oh yeah the inflation and stuff is all crap. only for the new channels TRPs)
Vendor: हाँ सर दिवाली के वजह से ही मेहेंगे है
Me: तोह भाई चलो फिर कल ही आतें है। कल येही संतरे बीस के पाँच मिलेंगे।
Vendor: हांन सर। कल आयेंगे तोह बिल्कुल बीस के चार मिलेंगे
Me: अब आपने सोछी लिया है तोह क्यों न आज ही पाँच देदो। हमारा एक चक्कर बच जायेगा।
Vendor: ठीक है।
Happy customer walking away with 5 oranges.

We move on to the next vendor
Me: संतरे कितने पे दोगे?
Vendor 2: बीस के तीन.
Am I happy or what? first time in Mumbai I felt like a shaana. My wife so proud of me :p

No comments: